QUALITIES OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
The successful candidate will have experience working in finance organizations with a solid understanding of the nature of work performed by financial analysts, controllers, finance directors, and CFO’s. They must be committed to their customer’s success and make personal sacrifices to ensure that success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads multiple concurrent implementation projects with little supervision
- Act as project manager to drive all implementations to completion
- Responsible for thorough documentation throughout the implementation to include billable hours, expense management, etc.
- Ensure all key stakeholders are accurately aware of progress and next steps in a real time manner
- Train and advise clients to properly use appropriate products to best fit their individual needs based on best practices and use cases
- Ability to obtain buy in from clients on features and functionality of BlackLine products
- Offers recommendations for improving performance gaps and system options to increase efficiencies and achieve best practice standards
- Provides ongoing training to clients, either onsite or via WebEx, throughout the implementation and once products have been fully implemented
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of knowledge related to all BlackLine products, including mastering new functionality as it is introduced throughout the product lifecycle
- Able to asses and troubleshoot/test BlackLine products during the implementation cycle
- Responsible for setting proper expectations with clients
- Collaborates and contributes to team goals and successes
- Acts in a professional manner at all times, with clients, stakeholders and team members
- Able to interact and collaborate with all levels of staff in internal support groups including Sales, Tech Ops, Support, Training, Customer Success, etc.
- Consistently follow all internal policies and procedures
- Two plus years of experience in the audit/accounting industry preferred
- Software background preferred
- Technology background/experience preferred
- Accounting degree/CPA preferred
- Approximately 30% travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years’ of work experience
- Demonstrated strong technical problem solving skills required
- Knowledge of accounting terminology
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written; must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of contacts in a particular organization (support staff to VP’s and Controllers)
- Experience in a client facing role
- Previous project management experience
- Previous implementation experience
- Knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, Accounting software
- Strong presentation skills.
- Able to multi-task.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Team player.
- Legally authorized to work for any company in Canada without sponsorship.